We always ask about issues in the news in our polls. Here are some of the results from our latest poll.
* Only 24% of likely voters – 1 in 4 — think the country is on the right track.
* For the first time in years, the most important issue to N.C. likely voters is international affairs/defense. Usually the economy is No. 1. It dropped to second, followed by education, jobs & government.
* Looking at “likely voters” vs. “all residents,” the two issues that “all residents” ranked higher than “likely voters” were jobs and healthcare.
* For first time in our polling, more N.C. likely voters said they support same-sex marriage than oppose — 45%-42%.
* Voter ID still has huge support among N.C.’s likely voters, 68%-29%. Total residents support it even more, 72-26.
* 49% of likely voters think Obamacare will healthcare worse; 34.5% think it will improve it.
* 50% of likely voters consider immigrants a benefit; 37% call them a burden.
* 45% of likely voters think abortions should be less difficult to get; 39% said abortions should be more difficult to get.