Breaking down our poll results by how people describe themselves is always interesting and fun. Here is what they told us.
* Among likely NC voters, 21% said they are liberal, 28% moderate & 38% conservative. Among residents, 20% said they are liberal, 26% moderate & 33% conservative.
* On attending religious services: 27% said never, 29% said every week, 15% almost every week.
* 82% said they are Christian, .5% Jewish, 6% something else & 10% not religious.
* 55% of those who never attend religious services plan to vote for Sen. Kay Hagan.
* 47% of those who attend church every week plan to vote for House speaker Thom Tillis; 40% for Hagan.
* 78% who said they aren’t religious plan to vote for Hagan; 11% for Tillis.
* Hagan wins the 18-40-year-old vote; Tillis gets 41-50 & 65+ vote.
* 67% of those who approve of Gov. Pat McCrory’s performance plan to vote for Tillis; 22% for Hagan
* 67% of those who support gay marriage plan to vote for Hagan; 21% for Tillis
* 54% of those who think the country is on the wrong track plan to vote for Tillis; 30% for Hagan
* 83% of those who think the country is on the right track plan to vote for Hagan; 9% for Tillis